Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Wonderful Weekend.....


Rush,rush,rush...Thats what we did after work on Friday...So many things to do before we went camping.Pack the camper, make sure we had everything we were going to need.Took a couple of hours to pack things up. But then we were on our way..

Our next door neighbour and friend,hauled it up to the lake for us ( bless his heart).On the way we passed our nephews house, D honked his horn to let him know we were on our way, so he could come up and give us a hand setting it up..

A, showed up not long after we got there, and they started to get the jacks under it, and get it level and stable. Ok D said after awhile its stable, and moved around to let me see it wasn't going to go anywhere.

So in I go, I started to walk up to the end where we would be sleeping.Something didn't feel right.. I turned around to walk down the other end, and nearly RAN into the table...Yup it was stable, but far from level..I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants.The guys got a big kick out of that..But by now it was to dark to mess with it anymore.So they got the lights hooked up, I asked A if he would hook up the trouble light in the bathroom, and to check for big bugs.Oh Aunt Cheryl, why did you say that.Turns out he hates bugs more then I do. But bless him he did.

Finally we were alone, well as alone as you can get with two dogs,running around.When D made up the bed, Chewy decided that, that was were she was going to sleep.So we ended up sleeping with the dogs. I haven't slept so good in along time. I never woke up until 9;30.

D had been up for a couple of hours. Had fished for awhile, and was making breakfast, when I finally got up.I don't know why, but food just tastes better. when your out doors..

We spent the day, getting the camper level.D cut down some trees along the lake front, while I scrubed the floor, and got things orginized.My sister D , and his brother B, came up for a couple of hours in the evening.It was nice. After they left we played cards talked , and listened to music.

Sunday morning D cleaned out the shead, and got rid of th e garbage. Later in the afternoon he was sitting in the door way having coffee, he turned to me and said, I've really enjoyed spending the weedend,with just you and me. This wonderful man, my husband, my friend. He knew I'd been depressed.Oh he knows me so well. But despite my problems he loves me just the same.I'm so lucky...

So I had a wonderful weekend,And if there is no work this weekend, were going back up....A,and his wife are going up to, and as far as I know there's going to be a bunch of people up around there ... Its the long weekend, so everyone wants to get in one more weekend camping.

Love to you all!!!! Goodnight...












8 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Glad you had a great weekend-- it's a lot of work getting ready, but so worth it-- hope everything got levelled out--- maybe D had it on a slant so you'd just have to slide into him!!! much love

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Mom,
Sounds like you and Dad had a great time...Wish I could go camping up ome, I have missed that so much this summer..
anyway, I hope you guys get to go again this weekend, I'll be working.
Love you lots,
Tammie

6:31 p.m.  
Blogger Gillian said...

I am hoping to be out camping too this weekend!!! We'll see, at this time of year you just cross your fingers and hope for an invite to go on someones boat...

I did consider going on a mountain at the end of the road, but I am a bit nervous since I haven't bought a 22 yet... I got my guns license last year after taking the safety/ possession/acquistion licensing course, and keep thinking that it would be a good purchase for protection purposes, just haven't taken the plunge yet...

Anyway, enjoy the trip.... and the company!

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Oh G. If I had to take a gun camping with me I'd stay home hehehehe...
Protection against what?

10:58 a.m.  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good for you! I used to love camping too, but I must admit, I never washed a floor whilst camping -:).
Thanks again for another great cat picture..I love Garfield.
Hope you get to go again this weekend too. Take care.

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

P.S. I think there are wild animals where NorthernLights camps!!! Bears and such! You might need a gun!

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Gillian said...

Wolves, polar bears, foxes, etc. There have all been seen at some point this past month close to our town... Wouldn't want to be in a nylon tent without a bit of protection against those beasts! LOL!

G.

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger marsmom said...

Am hoping you're having another wonderful weekend!!! love ya!!

8:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home