Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Got a call from Angie the other night,nothing new there... But this time the conversation was a little different..Hello Mom what yah doing, nothing just watching TV., then out it came!!! Mom would you like to take your G.E.D's with me?
It only takes afew nights aweek. One of my friends and her mother took them together and they had a ball...
Now I'm in a panic!!! What do I say.? Angie I really don't think so. Oh come on Mom it will be fun!! Little does she know the panic that is running through me.How do you tell you daughter, that you don't want her to know just how stupid you are?Excuse's think of something quick!!!! Well Ang, I don't know when your Dad and I will be working.... and I don't think I can afford it. On the other end of the phone I here disappointment,oh !!!! Just that one little word broke my heart.. I would love to do this with her.So finally I say, Angie look I know I can't do it. I'd never be able to do the math,to start with,or the English,and I would have to do from grade 7 on !!! Oh come on Mom I know you could do it, and it would be fun.
Fun!!! never in a million years would I find being humilated in a room full of people Fun.....
I would really like to do this, but I know I can't...

This coneversation,has been playing on my mind every day. I would love to do nothing more then to get my G.E.D's, then be able to take some courses, and get out of the fish plants ,and into something I would enjoy, and stay warm and dry.

All I can think of, is if I could do this, I'd like to do something in electroics.I love taking things apart and putting them back together.I bet that infomation shocked you all. I would rather be in nursing, but by the time I got done I'd be to old. And if I got TV, VCR,ect repair, its something I could do from home.....

So what I've been thinking is I'll get a GED book and see how I do... If it doesn't look to hard,I might just give it a try."Its something to think about!!!!!

Everyone have a wonderfull day!!!!



9 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

It's not often you're wrong,,, but you are sooooooo wrong it's a crime---- If only you could see yourself the way we do, and recognize how smart you are--- your blog is proof!!! But I know I can't convince you when that little voice inside keeps telling you you can't do it!!! Smother it, choke it, go deaf BUT YOU CAN DO THIS--- I KNOW YOU CAN-- AND I'M ALWAYS RIGHT------

8:26 p.m.  
Blogger NanNan said...

Oh, and if that little "can't do"voice keeps haunting you,,, think of how important this would be for your daughter--- so if not for yourself,, do it for her, because the mother in you is stronger than any other force-- your daughter needs you to do this-- so there,

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger mikki said...

I only know you through your blog, but what I do know tells me you can definitely do whatever you decide to do! This might be the perfect time for you to try something new and challenging - when your daughter is right there with you. And, there is no humiliation involved... everyone else there will be in the same boat with you. Go for it!!

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I think you should go for it! Listen, I had a similar experience. When I worked at the Bank, they offered courses and I was afraid to take them...But I did! And I found out that I Could do it!
Oh, please do..for sure you won't be humiliated at all.
I have taken tons of courses and please believe me when I say..."There is no such thing as a stupid question!" You can do this, I know it for sure.
Please try it. Don't hold back for years like I did.
I bet you will enjoy learning new things.
I'm rooting for you...Marsh

9:39 p.m.  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I'm rooting for you too! Go for it!

12:01 a.m.  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi...just had to let you know I used your idea about the javex and the paper towels! Worked wonders. Thanks..I would never, ever have thought of that! Wow! 61 (ack) and still learning things.

12:50 a.m.  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Mom,
What can I say that hasn't been said...Oh I know...Get off of your ASS , swollow your Pride and take your bleeding GED course with Angie!!!!
You have been wanting to do it for years, and ANgie has been wanting to do it almost since she left school...You know that you can do this, Angie knows you can do this or she wouldn't have asked you! Everyone who has read your Blog knows you can do this..I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
You sure as hella re not a stupid woman, you and dad raised 3 realatively intelligent children, that should be proof enough...
I love you greatly and here is an added incentives for you to do this....The first- You wil lbe setting a wonderful example for your grandchildren. Thge second-If you take your GED's with Angie I wil make an appointment to see the councillor at Portage College.
So there you go...I leave it in your hands.
Love You,
Tammie

11:23 a.m.  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Thak you everyone for your faith in me!!!
Thanks Tam!!! Still thinking on it

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

GED or General Educational Development learning has become one of the best options among a lot of students who are looking for faster yet equally competitive ways to get into college or apply for a prestigious job. This is why a lot of people are thinking of getting printable GED practice test that can help train them to pass in the actual examination. Here are some reasons why getting one is important.

what is the best ged book

12:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home